Sunday, August 19, 2012

Teriyaki sauce

Like alfredo, teriyaki is a sauce that I had wanted to try making before, but almost every recipe was surprisingly complicated. I found that just a few ingredients were enough to get the same taste of the sauce I've had in restaurants.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce (use regular if you prefer)
  • 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in a small or medium mixing bowl. Whisk together.
2. Add the oil, garlic powder, and vegetable oil. Whisk again.
3. If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap or transfer to a container with a lid. Refrigerate and try to use within a week (I've read of people keeping their homemade sauces in the fridge for a month or longer, but I haven't personally tried it with my recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment