Monday, September 3, 2012

Mozzarella sticks - first attempt


This was my first attempt at homemade mozzarella sticks. I used Publix store brand string cheese, cutting each piece in half. As you can see, I learned my lesson about making sure that each stick is entirely covered in the coatings (flour, egg-milk mixture, and breadcrumbs) before frying. The holes with cheese oozing out will occur with even a seemingly small spot of uncovered stick. They still tasted like many of the mozzarella sticks that I've eaten in restaurants, though, even if they weren't pretty-looking.

I'm holding off on a posting a complete recipe until I try making these in a large skillet or pan. I used a little Presto deep fryer this time. I prefer not to post recipes that require tools/appliances that not everyone has on hand - I just recently bought my own deep fryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment