Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chocolate brownie-like cookies

I topped these with pink vanilla glaze.
I made these cookies on the spur of the moment, and they were a very delicious surprise. You may notice that this is mostly my recipe for chocolate cake. I was in the process of making a cake when I suddenly remembered that I was out of white vinegar. Since I had already measured and combined all of the other ingredients, I decided to see what would happen if I mixed and baked them anyway. The batter ended up being thick and suitable for baking as cookies. When finished, they tasted a lot like brownies.

Ingredients/what you will need:

  • An electric mixer. This batter came out thicker than usual, as I mentioned above, and I had a rather difficult time trying to stir it with a wire whisk.
  • 2 medium or large baking sheets (I was able to put six to eight spoonfuls of batter on each sheet)
  • 2 large bowls or mixing bowls
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/4 cups water or cooled coffee (I highly recommend using coffee for a slightly stronger flavor)
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In one bowl, combine and stir the vegetable oil, water or coffee, and vanilla. In the other bowl, combine and stir the sugar, cocoa, salt, flour, and baking soda.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ones. Use the electric mixer to beat them all together for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Use a tablespoon to place globs of the batter onto the baking sheets, spacing each one about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment