Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vegetable "stir-fry" Ramen noodles

I loved Ramen noodles when I was a kid. I still do even though I’m in my twenties now. They’re a nice, cheap snack to keep in your cabinets, and you can make good quick meals with them.

Ingredients:
  • 2 packs/blocks of ramen noodles
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetables of your choice. I used a frozen “stir-fry blend”.
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I prefer low-sodium soy sauce, but use regular if you want)

    1. Fill a skillet with about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add the ramen, but do not use the seasoning packets that come with them.
    2. Heat vegetables according to package directions (I microwaved mine). Set aside.
    3. When the noodles are cooked, lower the skillet’s heat. Drain the ramen.
    4. Add the vegetable oil to the empty skillet. Return the noodles and add the vegetables. Stir and toss for about one minute, mixing the vegetables into the noodles.
    5. Add the soy sauce and toss for another minute or so, until the mixture is lightly coated with the sauce.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment